Active Reader – RX50
The RX50 is a low power reader with serial RS232 and USB communication ports. It can operate in rugged conditions at ultra long ranges, subject to the appropriate antenna being fitted to the unit. The data from detected tags is sent by the readers RS232 or USB port.
The RX50 is available in two different models, encased model which has an SMA connection for external antenna and OEM version which is a PCB unhoused reader that includes an on board Patch Antenna.
The reader supports two modes of data transmission. Hardware auto-polling mode allows for continuous tag data to be transmitted to the host system in the fastest possible manner. Software poling allows for dynamic communication with each reader by software applications, instant notification of reader offline and customization of reader polling order and frequency.
- RX50: Reader with housing
- RX50 OEM: Reader module
- AN50: 433 MHz 1/8 Stub for up to 20m
Reader Features and Specifications:
- Configurable tag data and read range filter
- Low power consumption
- Communication ports: RS232 (DP9) and USB (Mini USB)
- Data transmission modes: Hardware polling and Software Polling
- Operating Temp.: -40°C to +85°C
- Size: 55mm x 50mm x 28mm
- Weight: 80g
- Power: 3.3V ~ 15Vdc, 9mA max
- Color: Grey
- Case: Aluminum